Saturday, September 20, 2008

Dismal Week ,Few Interesting Findings

This week was a rather dismal one.Project issues/problems.Bad news from the financial markets.Future of IT industry looks uncertain and gloomy.Today another massive terrorist attack in Pakistan.God knows how many seals are still left to be opened.
So bored with all these bad news,movie channels repeating same old stuff I started random search using Google and some blog directories(the greatest cognitive tools I have found till date)


While doing so I came across some interesting postings:

In
Indiblogs.net I found this beautiful blog on philosophy and psychology.
http://lifedeathandacross.blogspot.com/

I have been always a great fan of functional programming as a concept.A paradigm which focusses on the evaluation of functions rather than data and state.For the past two releases C# has incorporated lot of functional programming concepts for example lamba functions.But still not a fully programming language.I knew about F# launched by Microsoft Research quite a while ago.I installed it but never got time to take look into it.Moreover it was not integrated with the IDE.The new CTP release is integrated with VS 2008 and the specification is also there.I wrote my first F# code and it looks cool.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/fsharp/default.aspx

Also found the poem "The Lamplighter" by RL Stevenson.This was one of my favourites when I was a kid.
http://www.bartleby.com/188/131.html

So that's it.Now need some sleep after random rambling through the cyberways...

1 comment:

Rupsa said...

hey, thanks for mentioning me. I apologise for not posting for sometime in my blog. Festivities in my part of the globe tied me down. Have written something after sometime. Do check out and take the conversation from where we left.